Friday, May 29, 2009

My GrandMother's Flower Garden.... is small and full of weeds


I got suckered into buying a packet of Hexagons. 750 paper 1/2-inch hexagons. OMG. So, I've started basting them and it's not that difficult and actually goes quickly. It's portable, so I can easily take them along to bee meetings. But they are SO small. Right now I have enough basted, so I'm putting some together. No pattern or specific color scheme - so it's random. This will NOT be a bed-size quilt! Maybe a table topper....maybe. I found 1 1/2-inch strips of fabric and cut them up into 1 1/2-inch squares. I'll never use all these! I am basting with a contrasting thread - easy to pull out. I am piecing them together with a neutral color Auriful thread. The stitches don't look very nice, but I'm getting better. I tried silk thread, but it's so fine and slippery - it falls out of my needle. (I need to try it with a smaller needle.)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

don't feel bad. mine are 1/4 inch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, very, very tiny, you have alot of patience even for a small quilt.... Cute blog...