Friday, March 23, 2012

Quilts

Around March in the Midwest, everybody is itching to get out of the house and see some quilts.  This is the first quilt show of the season and I always go.  Here are a few pictures...sorry - I don't have everyone's names.

I really like this one.  Pieced by Anne Jenkins.



  
I love this one called "Corn Field" by Phyllis Bock.
 Close up of the corn.
 One of those I-Spy quilts using hexagons.
 The ABC quilt is a pattern by Amy Bradley.  I believe it was made from a kit.  So cute!
 The quilting makes it pop!
 
I LOVE this one - so creative!  It's call "Mind the Gap", depicting a map of the London Underground.  Pieced by Elisa Arespacochaga.  Well done Elisa!
 
Moonlit Mirage by Denise Havlan.  
 
The best quilted quilt, by Monica Troy.

 Great pattern (Black Cat Creations) for 30's fabrics plus embroidery called "Baskets of Flowers" made by Alison Krall.  This would look great in redwork too.


"Jeremiah" by Charlene Cooper. 


 I think I've seen this pattern in one of the American Patchwork Magazines.

 Creative T-Shirt quilt layout.  I like how she incorporated some bright flowers to add some punch to this quilt.  I might use this idea!  Designed and pieced by Arlene Forst.




 This could be a creative way to use Xmas fabrics.  (Strips on trees.)  Probably won't put much of a dent in the stash though.

I've always liked the vendors who sold painted faces.  It wasn't clear if this one was painted by the quilt maker or if she bought it.  Pieced by Roberta Butler. 
 Embroidery is my favorite thing to take to a bee meeting.  It's so portable and look at the results.  Beautiful!  This is a Crabapple Hill pattern made by Karen Facenda.





Love Knot (?)





Argyle Alphabet by Alison Krall

This is made from a panel, but it doesn't look like it!  The red rick-rack makes it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where can I get that adorable cat pattern